Sunday, June 18, 2006

A feast

My friends W and E came over for dinner tonight, and we literally had a grilled feast. They brought eggplant, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, and red bell peppers and we had NY strips and zucchinis. We had to grill everything in 3 shifts, even though our grill is a decent size. It as one of the yummiest meals I've had in a while. And really great for me, too. I love our grill. It's so easy to use and cooking with it is always delicious. It's healthy, easy to clean, and fun.

Today was my last day of my recovery week before starting into phase 3 of P90X. I can't believe how fast this is going. I'm really happy that I decided to do this program. DH and I were discussing how much we really think it's worth, especially compared to other things people pay for fitness-wise. It cost just under $110 with discounts, and we both agree that it is worth much more to us than the $600 bowflex sitting in our garage gathering dust. It's certainly more convenient than schlepping to the gym and back and definitely costs a lot less than membership fees. We agree that, knowing what we know now, we would not hesitate to spend $400-500 on it. But would we have been willing to spend that much without knowing? I guess that's the dilemma that companies like beachbody have to balance out. Once you've already bought into the program, it's easy to say it's worth so much, but people in general are not likely to spend more than $150ish on an infomercial product, no matter how many excellent reviews and before/afters they show you.

Challenge
Today:
Workout: Baptiste's Journey into Power 2 (yoga)
Food: 1607 cals, 37/37/26

Yesterday:
Workout: Core Synergistics
Food: 1634 cals, 44/30/26

Consecutive perfect days: 4
Total perfect days: 4/39

No comments: