Monday, June 12, 2006

2nd Recovery Week

Well, I've already made it through 7 weeks of P90X. That is 49 days of hardcore pull ups, push ups, heavy weight lifting, and crazy jumping around. This week I'm starting my second recovery week, which means I'm almost 2/3 of the way through this program. I'm surprised at how fast it seems to be going. But I'm already itching to do something different: my short attention span is getting to me. I'm cheating it a little by subbing in some other, equivalent workouts sometimes. The strength work is all Tony Horton and I'd never sub for that, but I have subbed Cathe's Imaxes for plyo a few times, and I always skip kenpo and do either Cathe step or recently turbo jam. But I'm still doing the spirit of the P90X workouts, right? :)

Plus, I bought Slim Series from a fellow Ya Ya and should be getting it in the mail in the next few days. I'm on a BeachBody binge, I guess. I'm so happy that I found some other advanced workouts that are as fun for me, and as challenging, as Cathe. Not that I'll ever leave Cathe, it's just nice to have variety. But I really shouldn't be ordering new workouts in the middle of a rotation like this. It just tempts me even more to stop and try the new stuff. But I will resist! I read about a fun sounding rotation of the beachbody forums: SSXy rotation (haha, get it?). It mixes up Slim Series and P90x. Sounds like fun, can't wait to try it. But there's this other Cathe Get Ready For Summer Rotation that looks fun too. Ack. Too many decisions. I'd better just stick with my remaining 6 weeks of P90X.

Today's Workout: rest day

No comments: