Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 1 of the 100 Challenge


I joined Pink Dumbbells, a fitness community for women who lift weights today. I signed up for the August Challenge/check in to keep me honest. There's something about having to tell other people about what I'm doing that makes me stay more honest.

Today was a great day of new recipes. I've been lurking on some Nutrisystem forums and have found some interesting recipes that fit into my eating plan. I tried this bread pudding recipe this morning with my protein pumpkin bread. Yummy!!

And for dessert, I made up a batch of vanilla protein ice cream. It came out a bit lumpy, but I think more mixing before the freezing step would help. Here's the info:

Protein Vanilla Ice Cream
4c skim milk
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 packet of unflavored gelatine (that's 0.125oz)
1 egg white
1t vanilla extract
3/4 c splenda

Heat 1 c of the milk in a sauce pan until just boiling. Add the gelatine and mix until it dissolves. Mix in (well!) the protein powder. (This is the step that needs work: I'm going to use the immersion blender next time) Add the egg white and mix again. Add this to the remaining 3 cups of milk, vanilla, and splenda. Chill until very cold. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. This makes 4 VERY generous servings. 175 Cal, 2g fat, 15g carbs (og fiber), 24g protein.

August 100 Challenge
Deductions: -0
Score: 100

Workout: Shape it up!

Foods: 1512Cal, 44/38/18
b- protein pumpkin bread pudding
s1- 1c yogurt, 1/2c raspberries, 2T TJs low fat granola
l- sbd frozen pizza
s2- protein frappachino shake + 1oz pita chips
d- pork tenderloin, 1/2 sweet potato, 1c broccoli
s3-protein vanilla ice cream

No comments: