Friday, July 28, 2006

Copying Maggie again

After reading Maggie Wang's Blog again and seeing her take on a new challenge and start posting a lot, it's getting me inspired again.

I've finished P90x and now am moving on to basically the complete opposite: Slim Series. This is a very low weight, very high rep weight training system. I'm following the slim training rotation, which means I'm working light weights 6 days a week, mostly total body workouts, and taking a rest day on the 7th day. A lot of people say slim series is extremely boring, so I went into it with very low expectations. Surprisingly, not only did I not mind it, I actually like the workouts. They don't seem as repetative as people claim. Maybe it's because I am used to doing the same set of workouts for weeks on end. I prefer to stick with one instructor or one set per rotation. I like that kind of consistency. Plus, Debbie Siebers reminds me of Jennifer Garner. I think they look almost identical at times. And Sydney Bristow is so badass, how could you not want to work out with her doppelganger? :)

So I've decided to copy another Maggie Wang-inspired challenge. My August challenge is the 100 points challenge. Basically, I start out August 1st with 100 points, and every time I don't meet one of my fitness/food goals, I lose a point. Obviously, the idea is to maintain 100 points, or as close as possible, through the end of August.

So here are my goals:

  • Follow the Slim Training Rotation using Slim Series

  • Add in extra cardio 3 days a week (this can be as simple as a 20 minute walk)

  • eat 6 meals a day, maintaining a daily ratio of 40-50% carbs, 30-40% protein, and 20-30% fat

  • maintain daily calories between 1400-1700

  • allow 2 cheat meals/week


No comments: